Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question regarding pot scrubbers

3 posters

Go down

Quick question regarding pot scrubbers Empty Quick question regarding pot scrubbers

Post by Sandman1969 Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 am

In my 10g tub filter, I have it set up with the scrubbers at the bottom, with the polyester filter sheet then floss on top. Is that the order it should be in or should the scrubbers be at the top?
Water feeds in from the bottom. There's a lifted tray that holds all the media which also allows all the dirty stuff to fall to the bottom.
The scrubbers cover the tray with the other media on top of them.

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Quick question regarding pot scrubbers Empty Re: Quick question regarding pot scrubbers

Post by GaryE Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 am

As long as they can be kept clean and unblocked, they'll work anywhere in the filter.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Quick question regarding pot scrubbers Empty Re: Quick question regarding pot scrubbers

Post by Sandman1969 Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 am

Ok, thanks!

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:29 pm

I try to put my mechanical filtration before the scrubbers. That way the solid waste doesn't clog up the scrubbers. So I would have the floss as the first step if that's possible.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down