Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO2 system opinions

4 posters

Go down

CO2 system opinions Empty CO2 system opinions

Post by mattelatte Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:17 pm

i have thrown my diy co2 system out. i want to run one in my 20g tank. Looking at getting the Aquatek regulator/solenoid. I seem to be having a real hard time finding tanks. i can only find a 20lb and it is $160 and $40 to fill. i would have room for it but not sure if this is the way to go. What about 24oz paintball tank, is it worth it.
Thanks for any and all help!!!

Last edited by mattelatte on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
mattelatte
mattelatte
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

CO2 system opinions Empty Re: CO2 system opinions

Post by The PlantGuy Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

you should be able to find a place to rent (place a deposit on) a 20lb tank..This is definitely the most cost effective way to go. I think you'd need an adapter for a paintball tank. Places that would rent a tank would be the places that rent equipment for parties etc. 20lb CO2 tanks are used for beverage dispensors...Where i live, placed a deposit on a 20lb (which was about $75 i believe) and whenever it runs out, i just bring it back and only pay for the fill...

The PlantGuy
Sponsor

http://www.theplantguy.org

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:07 pm

mattelatte wrote:i have thrown my diy co2 system out. i want to run one in my 20g tank. Looking at getting the Aquatek regulator/solenoid. I seem to be having a real hard time finding tanks. i can only find a 20lb and it is $160 and $40 to fill. i would have room for it but not sure if this is the way to go. What about 24oz paintball tank, is it worth it.
Thanks for any and all help!!!

Have you updated your CO2? Love to hear about it.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by caoder Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 am

Also , 20 lbs should last you 1 year +. Taking that into consideration if you have space, it really is not too much distributed cost. Smaller cans will need to be refilled more often.

Most 5lb cans should last 6 months on average.
caoder
caoder
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down