Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I just destroyed Cory Eggs...

+4
goldfishbetalover
hello_rockview12
Biulu
Shell
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think I just destroyed Cory Eggs... - Page 2 Empty I think I just destroyed Cory Eggs...

Post by Shell Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was watching our two panda cories, when I saw what I thought was an odd looking snail on the glass. So, I pulled it out and noticed it was squishy, no shell. Immediately, I thought it might be some kind of pest or parasite, so I looked for more, and found three more, one on the glass, two on the moss ball...proceeded to take each one out...after pulling the fourth one out, a horrible thought occured, what if these are cory eggs? I put the fourth one into the old snail tank, just in case. There are at least three more in the cory tank that I can see.

I looked it up online and found out that yes indeed they do attach their eggs to glass and plants, usually close to a current, which is where I found all of these...could these be panda cory eggs, or might they really be something else? Are cory eggs squishy or hard? Oh my gosh, if they are panda eggs, I just murdered three - I'm feeling so sick about this  Crying or Very sad
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

I think I just destroyed Cory Eggs... - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I just destroyed Cory Eggs...

Post by Shell Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Biulu wrote:You can simply take a large enough tupper, fill it with tank water, transfer the moss ball into it and float the tupper in the cory tank. In this way you can be sure that the water has the same characteristics including temperature.

Add an air stone for aeration and you are fine.

However, if you want more eggs return the moss ball in the tank, so they can lay more eggs in them.
I'd be worried that the snails would still get into the tupperware container. Good news is that there is another moss ball in the tank, I moved it over to the same place as the one I took out Very Happy 

I realized that this might be better made a new topic with my new finding. So, just to let anyone else with words of wisdom know, I started a new section under the breeding section Smile 
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2