Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are these White dots on the mouth

3 posters

Go down

What are these White dots on the mouth Empty What are these White dots on the mouth

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I just treated my tank with api-furan2 for for two weeks and its been à week that i am treating with super ick cure .today i realized it had two on him. Two White bumps. Any idea what it can be??What are these White dots on the mouth Screen23
What are these White dots on the mouth Screen25
What are these White dots on the mouth Screen24

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

What are these White dots on the mouth Empty Re: What are these White dots on the mouth

Post by Shell Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:51 pm

I can't tell from the pic - is the white spot cottony-like in appearance, or solid? Also, it appears to be protruding, but I am not sure - is that right?
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

What are these White dots on the mouth Empty Re: What are these White dots on the mouth

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:53 pm

No cotton. Just two White protruding dots

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Shell wrote:I can't tell from the pic - is the white spot cottony-like in appearance, or solid?  Also, it appears to be protruding, but I am not sure - is that right?

I thought maybe it can be from fighting with other platies.

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:57 pm

It had one and a week or two later another one formed. But the behavior of the fish is very energetic. He strikes other platies.

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Likely some sort of infection of a wound, particularly if you have noticed the fish fighting.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:18 pm

CAAIndie wrote:Likely some sort of infection of a wound, particularly if you have noticed the fish fighting.
Do i have To treat it? And i had treated my tank with furan for bacterial infections before my ick treatments. And its been before i started treating with furan2. the first dot .thé second dot is right beside the first. Really two dots stuck together.

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down