Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First timer here, looking to get a few tips

+9
Starfish
fish lady
Biulu
GaryE
CAAIndie
Sbenson11
Shell
Tashina
MartyM
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First timer here, looking to get a few tips - Page 2 Empty First timer here, looking to get a few tips

Post by MartyM Wed May 27, 2015 5:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all! Just got my first aquarium. I am attempting a cycle with fish, since im very impatient and didn't really know better at the time. I am under impression that with regular cleanings and light feeding that fish should cycle the tank in 6 weeks? Is there any thing i can do to speed that up? I don't know anyone else with fish tanks to get an old filter or anything off. I did purchase some "bacteria supplement" that im not sure if i should add or not. Any info or tips would be appreciated!

Last edited by MartyMorningwood on Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

MartyM
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

First timer here, looking to get a few tips - Page 2 Empty Re: First timer here, looking to get a few tips

Post by MartyM Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:48 pm

thanks. so my readings on my nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia, were zero for the past four days... does that by any chance mean it has cycled?

MartyM
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum