Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanic Decor Too Big??

+3
Fishypastor
guppyguy
HappyFish
7 posters

Go down

Titanic Decor Too Big?? Empty Titanic Decor Too Big??

Post by HappyFish Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:52 am

Hi! Smile

I still haven't opened the 29 gallon tank. Waiting for hubby to move some furniture around to make room for the tank...might take a couple of days.

While waiting I'm trying to figure out what theme to do. The original plan was to put the aquarium in my nursery but once realizing that my daughter's dresser wasn't up to the job (which is bigger and more beautiful than mine...lol) I had to find a new spot and get a stand. So my theme of "finding nemo" no longer interests me.

On ebay I'm eyeing a beautiful Titanic decor center piece but it is rather big. Would it take too much space from my fish and make them uncomfortable?

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/331472749180?nav=SEARCH
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Titanic Decor Too Big?? Empty Re: Titanic Decor Too Big??

Post by guppyguy Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 am

Well it is 17 inches long decoration in a 30 inch long tank. So it is quite large and takes up more than half the tank in length. It really comes down to a matter of what you like. Will the fish be uncomfortable, not likely. But it might look to big for the size of the tank or wont leave much room for anything else you would like to place in the tank. But on the other hand down with the right layout might look great too.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyFish Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

Thank you for your opinion! Smile

I think I'll find a smaller ship....I'm kinda leaning towards the abandoned sunken ship treasure layout.
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:55 am

HappyFish wrote:Thank you for your opinion!  Smile

I think I'll find a smaller ship....I'm kinda leaning towards the abandoned sunken ship treasure layout.

No problem and what ever makes you happy. That is what the hobby is all about. For our enjoyment.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishypastor Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 am

Its too bad you couldn't try it out... you never really know how things look till you get it in there.
Fishypastor
Fishypastor
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyFish Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:32 am

Im tempted but knowing my luck it won't work out! Lol Smile
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 pm

are you planning on shopping online? Otherwise what you could do is to cut a piece of carton the size of the tank (only bottom part) and take it with you to the store.

You then play around with the ornaments they have trying it on the piece of carton to get a feel of how it would look in your tank.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfish Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:24 pm

When I went to Big Al's for fancy driftwood, there was a tank on display the same size as mine (29g, same as yours). It was filled with gravel and decorations but no water. The staff took all the decorations out so that I could try all the different pieces of wood in there to see which worked best. That was a great help. Does the info give the dimensions of the ship. Maybe you could cut the piece of cardboard the same size as the ship and see how it fits in your tank.
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyFish Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 pm

That's an awesome idea!! I think I will do that! I have plenty of card boxes too! 

For shopping online I think I will just go to the store. It will make things much simpler.  Smile Although I really liked the Titanic!  Sad It's just too big though and instead of looking elegant with me it will probably look overcrowded.  I have no doubt someone else could pull it off. I'm curious as to how other people would arrange it with plants.
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:44 pm

HappyFish wrote:That's an awesome idea!! I think I will do that! I have plenty of card boxes too! 

For shopping online I think I will just go to the store. It will make things much simpler.  Smile Although I really liked the Titanic!  Sad It's just too big though and instead of looking elegant with me it will probably look overcrowded.  I have no doubt someone else could pull it off. I'm curious as to how other people would arrange it with plants.
I hear you on decoration size. Once upon a time I had a 10 gallon tank. We got a Colosseum... it was cool. It was huge though.. and it took up 2/3 of the footprint of the tank. Safe to say we had to replace it pretty quick. We even had an incident where my clown pleco decided to go with his favourite decoration too. Razz Luckily we found her pretty quick. She still doesn't like me.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyFish Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:33 pm

LOL! I'm glad your clown pleco was Ok!  Smile
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvette70 Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 am

Watch your loaches as well they love to hitch rides in drift would and ornaments. I also made the mistake of trying to pick one up with my hand big mistake that was very painful...lol.
Corvette70
Corvette70
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyFish Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 am

Wow I didn't realize clown loaches could hurt you!  I briefly read an article about them just now. Learning something everyday! Smile
HappyFish
HappyFish
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvette70 Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:32 am

Yes those spike in there face are incredibly sharp and power full, great for getting out of other fishes mouths hard on slow learning hobbyists hands....lol.
Corvette70
Corvette70
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum