Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluval FX5 disconnect issue

3 posters

Go down

Fluval FX5 disconnect issue Empty Fluval FX5 disconnect issue

Post by Sandman1969 Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:50 pm

I went to disconnect the hoses so that I could clean the foams, but cannot get the quick connect to release on the intake. Output came off fine though. Even used a small screwdriver to add a bit of pressure but still no go.
Any ideas?

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Fluval FX5 disconnect issue Empty Re: Fluval FX5 disconnect issue

Post by Fores41 Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:16 pm

The manual I found online said they just are push on and pull off if I read it right so maybe try a little harder with the screwdriver or try a little larger one.
Good luck.
Or just remove the top and leave the connector alone.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman1969 Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Ya, it normally does just release & lift up. But for the life of me, the one will not come off now. The canister is under the tank so there's no room to lift off the top where it sits.

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Suprd71 Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 pm

There is no latch or locking mechanism, so it cant possibly be permanently stuck in place. What holds them tight are just the rubber gaskets. I'm sure you are aware of the release button on the side of the valve? It helps but is not really necessary to remove the valves. If the valve will turn, it will come off. I would be hesitant to pry with a screwdriver. Any nick, dent etc in the wrong spot may cause permanent damage. Twist turn wiggle pull up, it has to come off
Suprd71
Suprd71
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman1969 Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 am

Because of where the canister sits, the valves must come off. Yes, I know about the release button as I mentioned I tried using a small screwdriver on it.
I eventually got it off & noticed the O ring was out of shape which may have prevented removal prior and also caused a leak til I found a replacement.

Sandman1969
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down