Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U guys have any ideas?

4 posters

Go down

U guys have any ideas?  Empty U guys have any ideas?

Post by Dee Sydney Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm

U guys have any ideas?  Screen22

I have platies in a 30 gallon tank .they are healing from ick for now.but in a couple weeks i want To get more fish.i want like little sharks or something. (I have a not  setup 50gallon) but i really want some cool fish. Maybe some big shrimp. You  guys have any ideas ?

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

U guys have any ideas?  Empty Re: U guys have any ideas?

Post by Fores41 Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm

That is a personal choice so I bow out other than to advise looking up compatibilities between fish. Can save lives and money.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:21 am

In my opinion, stabilize your tank situation and get your fish healthy before adding more.

The new fish can be a source of disease and if your current fish are weakened they are very vulnerable. Two weeks may not be enough... the cycle for ich means the white spots will disappear but cysts will remain for awhile.

alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:09 am

alexmtl wrote:In my opinion, stabilize your tank situation and get your fish healthy before adding more.

The new fish can be a source of disease and if your current fish are weakened they are very vulnerable. Two weeks may not be enough... the cycle for ich means the white spots will disappear but cysts will remain for awhile.

Yeah i was going To use three or four super ick cure

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:00 pm

I agree with Alex, I would wait it out for a bit to ensure the tank is healthy enough for other finned-kids to join.  

Patience is key after the dreaded ich.

Keep us updated!
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:57 am

My aquariums blue. Im doing 25% water changes every 48hours. And vaccuuming abit of the substrate .my water is still good. Tempature up to 80° .alot of air....i think eventually im going To take out the platies and find a bit bigger fish. I want a tank where i can breed and not lose To much fry. I was thinking of getting some bamboo filter shrimp and khuli loaches maybe. Do mini sharks go good with thèse types or are they To agressive?Will i lose to much fry ? I was also thinking of gourami or discus.

U guys have any ideas?  20170818

My aquariums blue. Im doing 25% water changes every 48hours. And vaccuuming abit of the substrate .

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sydney Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 am

Also my fish lost all there spots from thé ick. But i guess it should take another two treatments for the ick in the substrate?

Dee Sydney
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down