Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staurogyne repens

3 posters

Go down

Staurogyne repens Empty Staurogyne repens

Post by guppyguy Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Staurogyne repens is a truly beautiful awesome rarer foreground plant. It is light green, compact and hardy stem plant for the foreground of the aquarium. It has a low and bushy stature with small green leaves. During planting in the aquarium, the longest upright shoots should be cut off and new horizontally creeping shoots will soon form from the plant base and gradually fill in the foreground. Plant 2 inches apart. This plant needs high light and c02 for ideal conditions, good growth, and health. If you can find it I highly recommend this plant for high tech set up's for your foreground plant.  Cool 

Search for other High Light Plants species using the hash tag link #HighLightPlants
Staurogyne repens Dscf8510

Last edited by guppyguy on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Staurogyne repens Empty Re: Staurogyne repens

Post by Shell Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Looks like a beauty for sure - is this a slow growing plant? We have a pogostemon helferi that spread like wild fire within a couple of months! Also, I'm guessing this one is difficut to come by?
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Shell wrote:Looks like a beauty for sure - is this a slow growing plant? We have a pogostemon helferi that spread like wild fire within a couple of months! Also, I'm guessing this one is difficut to come by?

This plant was only introduced in the hobby in 2005 so it relatively new. I have never seen it in stores and was only able to obtain some from a hobbyist in Toronto. It not slow growing and it not fast growing. Right in the middle. I really love this plant.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by ghastings10 Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Yes it is a more uncommon plant. I've seen it twice in store over the last couple years although it is really spreading throughout the hobbyist community here on the west coast. It is not the fastest growing plant but it can spread fairly quickly under ideal conditions. Its also known to respond quickly to nutrient deficiencies so many use it as an indicator for the overall health of their flora.

ghastings10
Fish Fry
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum