Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a virtual kick in the butt...

4 posters

Go down

I need a virtual kick in the butt... Empty I need a virtual kick in the butt...

Post by Sbenson11 Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:46 am

I need a virtual kick in the butt...

The water outside is getting colder and my fish have no place to spend the winter. I need a kick in the butt to get a new tank built for them.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

I need a virtual kick in the butt... Empty Re: I need a virtual kick in the butt...

Post by GaryE Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Thump, thump, thump....
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

I need a virtual kick in the butt... Empty Re: I need a virtual kick in the butt...

Post by alexmtl Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Sbenson11 wrote:I need a virtual kick in the butt...

The water outside is getting colder and my fish have no place to spend the winter. I need a kick in the butt to get a new tank built for them.

Steve

There was this guy on a forum once that was really good at building things. It was amazing to see his ingenious approach to building large volume bio filters which impressed so many. One of the more remarkable projects was building huge holding tanks for his fish in dimensions that measured in thousands of gallons. This guy reminded me of someone who have the steel to make vision reality. What he did with a backhoe was construction poetry. Maybe you should talk to this guy, he was humble, geniune and a go-getter. He did everything, well. And he did well, just about anything.

alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbenson11 Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 am

Thanks guys,

Just what the doctor ordered.

Steve
Sbenson11
Sbenson11
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Fores41 Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey Steve now that they Kicked you I have to admit I am waiting to see your next tank builds for these great Koi you have.
PS Concrete might be faster than wood and can later be fully buried or partly. The cost around here is about $ 150/YARD so 4ft wide x 8ft long x 4ft high with a thickness of 4 inches is around 1/2 a yard if I remember correctly. That does not include the page wire or Stucco wire for inside the cement. Plywood boards for the form maybe reused several times. This is only a suggestion to help with speed as they can hold water and be coated with fiberglass in 3 days, full strength in 28 as long as you keep warm for first 48 hours.
Fores41
Fores41
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum