Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Aquarium Auction

5 posters

Go down

Canadian Aquarium Auction Empty Canadian Aquarium Auction

Post by CAAIndie Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello All! Smile 

I am sure that many of you may have seen the thread floating about the Canada Aquarium Auction is back up! You also may have noticed our link to the auction site on the right hand side of your screen. If you haven't checked it out yet, or you haven't heard about it... do it! It's a fantastic resource for Canadian aquarists, and I hope you can all make use of it at some point. We are proud of our strong relationship with CAC auctions, and really glad to have Jay here too.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Canadian Aquarium Auction Empty Re: Canadian Aquarium Auction

Post by alexmtl Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 am

Thank you JayB (CAC Admin) for making this happen. It is great to see the Auction back up, and it is a great service to the Canadian Aquarium hobby scene! I am looking forward to using it in the future.
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JayB Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 pm

FYI: If you've been trying to access the CAC website, you may not have been able to connect. This is because the server has been undergoing necessary but unscheduled maintenance due to issues. My host does not yet have a timeline for completion. I thank you for your patience.
JayB
JayB
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by JayB Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 pm

After about a week my webhost has finally resolved the issues with the CAC website. If you tried to check it out in the past and it wouldn't load or gave you errors, my sincere apologies. Try checking it out again.

Many thanks CanadaAquariaAdmin for posting about CAC here.

FYI: To be a true all-round Canadian resource, I set it up so that folks can not only buy and sell fish, plants, etc. on the auction but also post classified ads for their aquaria related forums, personal websites, clubs, etc. There is no forum on CAC as it's not needed. Canada Aquaria is now our home. Very Happy You will see the Canada Aquaria banner prominently placed on the main page.
JayB
JayB
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:30 pm

If you haven't check it out yet all, please do! If you get a chance, sign up and check out what is up for auction.

When you are visiting please give us your vote (you can find it on the CanadAquaria listing page), and perhaps a few comments. It's a great way to share how you feel about the community, and allows for new members to find out what we are all about.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JayB Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:00 pm

CanadaAquariaAdmin wrote:When you are visiting please give us your vote (you can find it on the CanadAquaria listing page), and perhaps a few comments. It's a great way to share how you feel about the community, and allows for new members to find out what we are all about.
You have to register to vote but here's the direct link to the Canadaquaria page on CAC. Register and cast your vote today!Very Happy 

Also, remember, once registered you can list not only items for sale but also your club's auctions, events, etc. (All listings are FREE!)
JayB
JayB
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamelajo Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Jay is the site down again? I can't seem to connect tried a couple of time today.
Pamelajo
Pamelajo
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

http://Critter Crumbs www.pamelajo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Pamelajo wrote:Jay is the site down again?  I can't seem to connect tried a couple of time today.
Connecting for me, but just quite slowly.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamelajo Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:42 pm

I get "could not connect to database" just tried still no luck.
Pamelajo
Pamelajo
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

http://Critter Crumbs www.pamelajo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Pamelajo wrote:I get "could not connect to database" just tried still no luck.
I had a similar error earlier.
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JayB Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 pm

My sincere apologies. When my webhost moved my account to the new server (to hopefully eliminate the previous issues of the site being slow or not connecting, they forgot to move the database!Shocked This I did not discover until they deleted the database from the old server. Hence the error. Crying or Very sad They have fixed it and apologized for the inconvenience.

I'm beginning to think these things are being sent to test my resolve to get CAC up and running again. Rolling Eyes 

Finally however, the CAC site seems to be loading quickly and without issue.

Thanks to everyone for their infinite patience. My only regret is that anyone you may have directed to the site may not return (a normal response when a site won't load). Crying or Very sad 

JayB
JayB
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I had the same problem and was going to write you about it, but good that it seems to have been resolved!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down