Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAST Chance shipping.

4 posters

Go down

LAST Chance shipping. Empty LAST Chance shipping.

Post by GaryE Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:20 am

It's human nature, I guess, but now that it it borderline too cold to ship, many of us are desperately trying to ship. Live foods, fish eggs, etc are very perishable now, especially if you have to adjust to Canada Post leaving them to chill in an outdoor metal box.

In most of Canada, we have about a week from today, after which we have to use heat packs and the most expensive shipping options. Professional shippers may have better options, but we hobbyists with our styro boxes are walking a fine line already.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

LAST Chance shipping. Empty Re: LAST Chance shipping.

Post by fish lady Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:12 am

So very true it is alot more money for shipping I have found with shipping out my betta and angels
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Repteel Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Is there such a thing as post office to post office shipping?
Repteel
Repteel
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:02 pm

I think it depends on where you are. If I were in a small town with an indoor mail box, I'd be happier (except for the fact I'd live in a small town). We recently lost door to door in our urban area, and the outdoors, exposed to the elements boxes are going to be a real drag for my killie hobby. A bag of eggs dropped through my door fell into my heated house if I was at work. Now, they stand to be freezing for a few hours while I work - it narrows the window for shipping by several weeks.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Repteel Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

OK. Was just wondering. The first time I ordered eggs they came from over seas and had to pick them up at the post office.
Repteel
Repteel
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by The PlantGuy Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm

post office to post office shipping is available as an option however I've been unable to find out if this is a more efficient method of shipping...Does the shipment ride along in a truck all day and then go to the post office ? or does it go directly to the post office....I think it all depends on the how things are done in each city...no one from canada post seems to know the answer...

The PlantGuy
Sponsor

http://www.theplantguy.org

Back to top Go down