Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betta Help!

+3
fish lady
GaryE
Fores41
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Betta Help! - Page 2 Empty Betta Help!

Post by Mathodo Shire Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

I have 10 Cardinal tetras, 1 Neon tetra, 1 Clown Pleco (3inches) and a Betta (normal). 33g.

Am I able to put my Betta in my aquarium? I am afraid that if I do, it'll chase my fish and stress them too much. I just got rid of some Rasboras cornering them.

What do I do?

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Betta Help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Betta Help!

Post by Mathodo Shire Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:28 pm

fish lady wrote:Give it to him now all my plecos get some including the fry

What do you mean?

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Mathodo Shire wrote:
fish lady wrote:Give it to him now all my plecos get some including the fry

What do you mean?

I think she means that you can start giving them vegetables already, independent of their size.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 pm

ok, Thanks!

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:52 pm

sorry yes that is what i mean lol
fish lady
fish lady
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:56 am

And also, other than the betta, other than its 5min experience in the 5g in a guppy cage, it wasn't ever around fish, will it be better to put it in the 5g and introduce some fish or just put it in the 33g?

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Whenever I introduce new fish, I tend to add a couple of different plants and/or decorations and move other existing decorations around, to give the 'illusion' of a different tank, and also to distract the fish who already call the tank home. Smile

If it were me, I would also just keep a very close eye on everyone and make sure you have the 5g ready....just in case separation is necessary!
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Shell wrote:Whenever I introduce new fish, I tend to add a couple of different plants and/or decorations and move other existing decorations around, to give the 'illusion' of a different tank, and also to distract the fish who already call the tank home. Smile

If it were me, I would also just keep a very close eye on everyone and make sure you have the 5g ready....just in case separation is necessary!

33g*

But thanks for the idea of putting it in my 5g!

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 pm

When you want to have a betta cohabiting with other fish, make sure you introduce him last. He will not feel like he has to defend his territory from intruders.

I always compare it a bit with a house; if you receive visitors they normally behave better than the inhabitants. It is a bit like that with introducing a betta into an existing community; he will act like a visitor and find his place in his new home.
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:40 pm

OK, thanks!

I need help on what to put next.

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by CAAIndie Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:20 am

Mathodo Shire wrote:OK, thanks!

I need help on what to put next.

I would be thinking about something for the bottom of your tank. Smile
CAAIndie
CAAIndie
Admin
Admin

http://www.Canadaquaria.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:09 am

Mathodo Shire wrote:
Shell wrote:Whenever I introduce new fish, I tend to add a couple of different plants and/or decorations and move other existing decorations around, to give the 'illusion' of a different tank, and also to distract the fish who already call the tank home. Smile

33g*

But thanks for the idea of putting it in my 5g!

I meant have a 5g handy in case you have to take the betta out of the 33g Wink

Last edited by Shell on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:54 am

oh

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Any updates? Have you moved the betta into the 33g yet? Or, are you going to wait until after adding some other fish? Oh, and not sure if you mentioned this and I missed it - but does your betta have a name? Smile
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Yes my betta does! Its name is Roy due to it being Royal Blue!

I have noticed a white thing on my betta on one of the rope thinks on his chin on the tip. Right after I did a %100 water change (he lives perfectly in a 1-1.5g). Don't know if its Ick or just a phase, if you want a picture, I can attempt at one.

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Mathodo Shire wrote:Yes my betta does! Its name is Roy due to it being Royal Blue!

I have noticed a white thing on my betta on one of the rope thinks on his chin on the tip. Right after I did a %100 water change (he lives perfectly in a 1-1.5g). Don't know if its Ick or just a phase, if you want a picture, I can attempt at one.

Hmmm...is the white thing embedded, protruding, or cottony? And is it just the one spot? Yes, if you are able to get a pic of Roy it might be helpful.
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Ok, as soon as my camera is charged

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Shell wrote:
Mathodo Shire wrote:Yes my betta does! Its name is Roy due to it being Royal Blue!

Hmmm...is the white thing embedded, protruding, or cottony? And is it just the one spot? Yes, if you are able to get a pic of Roy it might be helpful.

I have a problem, I found a fuzzy ball to his lower head and didn't see that strand thing with the white spot, you guys might know what it is.

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:39 pm

This sounds like it may be a fungus, but I cannot be sure - are you able to get a pic? Is he eating normally? Swimming normally? How do his eyes look? How do his fins look, any white-ish growths or deterioration? Does he spend a lot of time on the substrate?

Whatever the issue - if it were me, I would do large water changes over the next few days, and add in some extra 'stress coat'.

There are meds for fungus, but, of course, we want to ensure this is the problem before treating. Water changes do not hurt, and sometimes, they help!

Fingers crossed he will be okay.
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathodo Shire Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:50 am

This sounds like it may be a fungus, but I cannot be sure - are you able to get a pic? Is he eating normally? Swimming normally? How do his eyes look? How do his fins look, any white-ish growths or deterioration? Does he spend a lot of time on the substrate?

Whatever the issue - if it were me, I would do large water changes over the next few days, and add in some extra 'stress coat'.

There are meds for fungus, but, of course, we want to ensure this is the problem before treating. Water changes do not hurt, and sometimes, they help!

Fingers crossed he will be okay.

He hasn't been eating much and he stays in one spot for a while of time. haven't seen any white spots on his fins but ill keep looking. I have medication for fish with fungi but I have been told that for bettas, there needs to be a different one.

Mathodo Shire
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2