Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone used underwater led lights?

+6
Starfish
Mr. Mom
mikebike
Biulu
caoder
Shell
10 posters

Go down

Anyone used underwater led lights? - Page 2 Empty Anyone used underwater led lights?

Post by JanesAddiction Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

My 15g long has a screen lid and no light. I have a lamp that I set in front of it without a shade during the day and shut it off at night. Due to the screen lid I have to balance it on the tank...it is safe, but I wouldn't put a light on it so I have order a submersible 31cm/12 led. Just wondering if anyone else has used any type of underwater light. I know one of the associates at the lps had mentioned yesterday that she has one in her tank but...she also told me (tried to) that Apple Snails lay eggs in the gravel everyday...
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Anyone used underwater led lights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone used underwater led lights?

Post by Starfish Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Sbenson11 wrote:That's kind of cool Starfish, and cheesy at the same time.

But I like cheesy Smile

Where did you get that?

Steve

I first saw it at Big Al's, but then found it on Amazon.ca for half the price so ordered from there.

Yah, it is cheesy, but I like it. Very Happy
Starfish
Starfish
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Anyone used underwater led lights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone used underwater led lights?

Post by JanesAddiction Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Love Amazon! That's where I ordered my light from.
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryE Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:42 am

A lot of fish orient by light, so a light in the tank would set them off. That is more common with open water, quick moving fish, and very few of them are in the hobby. In the wild, a 'shark' would navigate great distances at high speed, so where the light is matters to them, be it the moon or sun.
Plecos and red tails don't travel much. I don't think it would bother them.
I use one screen topped reptile tank (it holds water just fine) and put a suspended pendant light over it, from the ceiling.
GaryE
GaryE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:56 am

@GaryE I was thinking about doing that also but for right now it kinda isn't an options. I am hoping to soon be buying a house, then it will be an option Smile I have noticed that Cockoo-Loca (the pleco) and the 2 Redtailed Sharks don't go very far...every now and then they will come out and swim around but usually they just kinda hang out in a cave. And yes, it is a reptile tank...I got a steal on it...even with my oldest daughter cracking one side and having to replace that, I still got a steal on it. I am now wishing I have a 40 or 50g kicking around...found someone who wants to trade a 90g with everything for a 40 or 50. A 90g would be great for Cockoo-Loca and the sharks! Hmmmm...wonder if they'd accept 2 15g's and a 10g! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:18 pm

My light came!! A little early too...neither Cuckoo-Loca nor the red tailed black has any interest in it...just doing their usual "hide and seek" lol
Anyone used underwater led lights? - Page 2 Dsc02210
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:47 pm

It gives a nice effect, especially in the evening!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by JanesAddiction Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm

I am in love with the fact that I can see that tank! lol
JanesAddiction
JanesAddiction
Pleco Poster
Pleco Poster

Back to top Go down