Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Canadaquaria. Members please log in.

Please register to view all topics

Guests may view and use the Aquariums for Beginners area, Freshwater General Section without registering.

Registered members see Canadaquaria advertisement free.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank

+2
guppyguy
Shy2
6 posters

Go down

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank Empty Where to order canopy & light for top of tank

Post by Shy2 Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:38 am

I have a 35G tank, and the light isn't working any longer. It is the old style black canopy with the florescent lights.

I would like the order the glass top and newer style light, but not sure where to look.

Our local stores, don't seem to carry anything like this. Is there someplace on line you could recommend?

Thanks.

Shy2
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank Empty Re: Where to order canopy & light for top of tank

Post by guppyguy Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 am

guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank Empty Re: Where to order canopy & light for top of tank

Post by Shy2 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:29 am

Thank you so much guppyguy. Can't wait to go shopping!

Shy2
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:39 am

Shy2 wrote:Thank you so much guppyguy.  Can't wait to go shopping!

Your quite welcome.  Smile 
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:18 pm

We use the Marineland lighting systems, listed on the site guppyguy gave, on most of our tanks and we love them! All but one of ours are designed for aquatic plants and have timers  Smile 
Shell
Shell
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shy2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 am

Well I finally got a new glass top and the Marineland LED light bar. Wow, what a difference good lighting makes. I LOVE my aquarium again now that I can see inside. I have been without a light for several weeks now.

I actually ended up ordering state side, and purchased a 36"-48" Marineland Light with both white and blue lightening, and the matching glass top. With shipping and everything the total was only $112.

Shy2
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmtl Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 am

Shy2 wrote:Well I finally got a new glass top and the Marineland LED light bar.  Wow, what a difference good lighting makes.  I LOVE my aquarium again now that I can see inside.  I have been without a light for several weeks now.

I actually ended up ordering state side, and purchased a 36"-48" Marineland Light with both white and blue lightening, and the matching glass top.  With shipping and everything the total was only $112.

Hey Shy2 !
It's a start of a new love affair ! Great to hear, maybe post a pic of your new love when you get a chance. Very Happy
alexmtl
alexmtl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biulu Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Shy2 wrote:
I actually ended up ordering state side, and purchased a 36"-48" Marineland Light with both white and blue lightening, and the matching glass top.  With shipping and everything the total was only $112.

That is a very reasonable price for that size. Well done!
Biulu
Biulu
Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Shy2 Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 am

Here are a couple of pictures with the new lighting.

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank Imag1510

Where to order canopy & light for top of tank Imag1511

Shy2
Shrimp
Shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post by the clean guy Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:24 am

looks great Shy

you must be very happy with that light
the clean guy
the clean guy
Angel Fish
Angel Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by guppyguy Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:41 am

Very nice. New light worked out well.
guppyguy
guppyguy

Back to top Go down